- Trains and educates CHOP supervisors, managers and directors in Compensation systems and processes
- Develops training tools and presentations
- Delivers training content to individuals and groups in inservices and special meetings as required
- Provides leadership to other Compensation staff members in handling problematic transactions, interpreting and applying policy, dealing with customers in problem situations
- Maintains the HRIS job table - reviews and inputs all job information, audits employee records periodically to ascertain appropriate application and accuracy of job information
Job Evaluation: Conducts job evaluation studies of single jobs or whole departments.
- Acquires required organizational and functional knowledge to place job evaluation in the context of CHOP’s operational mission, market pressures and internal equity.
- Gathers additional information through position descriptions, questionnaires and interviews with originating managers as needed
- Determines appropriate evaluation method (market pricing, factor analysis, internal comparisons)
- Determines appropriate job grade and pay scale for positions
- Communicates job and implementation information to originating managers
Compensation Planning: Performs analysis and provides input to annual compensation structure and policy changes for the organization as a whole or for specific departments and/or job families. Performs related market pricing.
- Models salary increase scenarios
- Performs internal demographics analysis to predict the cost and impact of salary structure and salary increase changes
- Prepares recommendations for individual departments or assists with preparing recommendations for the organization as a whole
Market Analysis: Participates in continual monitoring of the marketplace to ensure that compensation programs are competitive and appropriately positioned.
- Coordinates participation in compensation surveys
- Evaluates survey quality and coverage and recommends participation and/or purchase
- Matches positions, gathers and summarizes job and employee information for survey input
- Evaluates, analyzes and ages survey results for application to individual positions and job families
- Recommends market targeting for individual positions and groups of positions
- Establishes relationships with peers in other organizations to facilitate the exchange of competitive information
Analytical ability combined with sound practical judgment
Excellent human relations skills, and verbal and written communications skills
Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, database, and word processing computer applications.
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in HR, business administration or related field preferred
Required Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in compensation design and administration
- COMPENSATION ANALYSIS
- TOTAL REWARDS
- JOB ANALYSIS
- COMPENSATION PROGRAM
- EMPLOYEE RECORDS
- FACTOR ANALYSIS
- MARKET ANALYSIS
- MICROSOFT WORD
- COMPENSATION OPERATIONS