The Application Analyst role is responsible for configuring, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining software applications. Build specific applications and technology expertise to and contribute to the specification and design development process. Create system and operating documentation. Job functions include configuring applications by translating the business requirements into software specifications.
- Configure, modify, test and troubleshoot existing programs/software. Analyze end user data and business needs to recommend changes and optimize of program/system performance. Develop deep application knowledge within specified focus areas. Write and maintain application systems documentation.
- Proactively participates in IT workflow processes including 1) Incident and Problem Management, 2) IT Service Request Management, 3) Change Control Management and 4) IT Project Management.
- Accurately translates business requirements to detail-level system specifications and evaluates against current system capabilities. Understands workflows with the objective to meet business needs.
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner. Assist the quality assurance team in identifying test cases and in creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all deliverables. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Evaluate and understand dependencies between applications to understand if making a change in one application would have a negative impact in another application. Use knowledge of assigned application(s) to help resolve issues and drive optimal business solutions.
- Support the implementation planning for application program requirements. Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required by providing excellent customer service. Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across areas of IT.
- Works as a member of an application team as well as with other application and technical teams. Supports multiple concurrent work efforts, educates and coaches other team members, and works with minimal supervision in support of team initiatives.
Organizational Expectations (for all employees):
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
- Provides patient education based on an assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with all relevant laws, regulation and policies
Minimum Qualifications to Fulfill Job Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and related work experience
- 3-5 years of IT application experience
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated analytical critical thinking skills for process development or problem resolution.
- Knowledge of healthcare processes and application system coordination.
- Knowledge of database structure and reporting techniques and tools.
- If supporting Epic, certification in core applications is required within six months
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field
- Experience within the Healthcare Industry
- Certifications and experience relative to the role
- Epic Certifications for Epic roles
Certifications in Epc Grand Central, Prelude and Cadence
Certifications & Licenses:
Epic Grand Central
- BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
- CHANGE CONTROL
- CHANGE CONTROL MANAGEMENT
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- PROBLEM RESOLUTION
- PROCESS DEVELOPMENT
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED
- DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY
- PATIENT CARE
- PATIENT EDUCATION
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- RETAIL SALES
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- STRUCTURED SOFTWARE
- TEST CASES
- UNIT TEST