- Invoicing - Prepare invoices for all federal and industry sponsored studies on a monthly basis
- Review payment terms for each study based on the fully executed agreement
- Complete payment terms in eTRACK to ensure all billable items have been captured accurately
- Generate appropriate invoices in eTRACK and provide back up of all generated costs as needed.
- For studies that require invoicing, send to the sponsor for payment via sponsored preferred payment metho For studies that do not require invoicing, generate internal invoices in eTRACK to ensure an accurate accounts receivable has been recorde
- Serve as the primary resource working closely with the Principal Investigator (PI), Study Coordinator (SC), Contracts Office, (RBO) Research Business Office, (RF) Research Finance, (AD) Ancillary Departments involved with the study to ensure all invoicing issues have been resolved in a timely manner.
- Cash Receipts - Apply cash receipts received for all federal and industry sponsored studies on a monthly basis
- Review monthly revenue report and apply funds to the appropriate research study in eTRACK
- Reconcile monthly cash receipts against invoices generated in eTRACK to ensure payments are applied accurately to appropriate invoices. If payment detail is not available, work closely with Sponsor to ensure payment details are received in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Research Finance and Hospital Finance to ensure checks are deposited into the correct Lawson account.
- Complete refund requests via On Base check request when needed to reimburse sponsor for overpayments
- Accounts Receivable (AR) Follow-up – Follow up on all outstanding accounts receivable on a monthly basis
- Review monthly A/R report and follow up on all outstanding A/R over 60 days
- Escalate all outstanding A/R over 120 days to Financial Manager in a timely manner
- Grant Closeout – Review financial expenditures for all studies pending grant closeout on a monthly basis
- Review final Lawson financial report ensuring that all expenditures are posted; budget has been updated to reflect final expenditures.
- Ensure all funding for the particular award has been received and posted appropriately.
- Ensure that the sponsored project is closed out in Lawson and eSPA appropriately.
Required Education and Experience:
The desired candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years related experience in accounting or finance. Experience with clinical research, monthly invoicing and Account Receivable preferred.